OUR COMMITMENT TO USABILITY
The Inn at Virginia Mason is committed to furthering the accessibility and usability of its website, innatvirginiamason.com. The Inn at Virginia Mason will be using the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (“WCAG 2.0 AA”) to guide its compliance. The relevant portions of WCAG 2.0 AA will serve as our primary web accessibility standard, though other standards may also be used to provide accessibility to the extent required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”). Our website will be tested on a periodic basis in accordance with these standards in an effort to ensure accessibility. Some of the testing methods used may include assistive technology such as screen readers and screen magnifiers.
Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. If, at any time, you have specific questions or concerns about the accessibility of any particular webpage on innatvirginiamason.com or any of our other destination websites, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you encounter an accessibility issue, please be sure to specify the particular web page in your email, and we will make all reasonable efforts to make that page accessible for you. If you prefer to call someone to address your concerns, please reach out to us at 800.283.6453.
If you experience any difficulty in accessing the Inn at Virginia Mason web site, please do not hesitate to contact us at 800-283-6453 for assistance.
The Inn at Virginia Mason is an historic hotel, built in 1928, as an apartment building in the residential Seattle neighborhood called First Hill. Connected to the Virginia Mason Seattle Hospital, the Inn at Virginia Mason offers a caring environment to patients and their families and an affordable option for budget travelers. With no alterations made to original facility, the Inn at Virginia does not have accessible guest rooms at this time. We are happy to outline accessible items that are available to our guests in the following information:
- We have several guest rooms with grab bars in the tub and adjacent to the toilet. We also provide toilet seat risers, shower chairs and hand held shower heads upon request at no additional cost. Grab bars in the tub and adjacent to the toilet are available in rooms with one queen and two double beds. To ensure availability of these amenities, requests need to be made at time of reservation.
- The main entrance to the Inn has a flight of 7 stairs (two on the outside and five on the inside). Two accessible options:
- Virginia Mason Hospital campus has an elevator adjoining the Inn on the east end of the building (next to the Hospital Surgery entrance) that can be accessed 24 hours per day.
- The west end of the building (adjacent to the Emergency Room entrance) has an entrance that is wheelchair accessible – please call the front desk at 800-283-6453 to allow you access to this entry point.
- The Inn has a 3 minute loading/unloading zone at its main entry. Ramps to access the main entry are located on the west and east ends of the building.
- The Inn utilizes the self-parking options of Virginia Mason Hospital. Accessible parking is available in the Buck Pavilion Parking Garage (on the west end of the hospital campus). Accessible vehicles can also utilize street parking based on their vehicle permits.
- The Virginia Mason Hospital Buck Pavilion Parking Garage entrance is located one city block from the Inn main entry. It is a steep hill and if assistance is needed to return to the Inn, Virginia Mason Hospital Security will assist with a ride. Please call the front desk at 800-283-6453.
- The guest check-in/reception area is equipped with a partially lowered desk.
- The Business Center for the Inn is located at our sister property, the Baroness Hotel, on the lobby level. Ramps to access the main entry to the Baroness from the Inn are located on the west and east ends of both buildings.
- Guide dogs and service animals are welcome and must accompany guests at all times.
- Staff will read printed/visual information to guests who are blind or have low vision.